OMG I can't believe how much I have neglected this blog. My practice has changed quite a bit. This year I was given a schedule that at first made me very unhappy, but I can honestly say I really like it now.
Since our district is moving more towards dual language courses and I am fluent in Spanish, all of my classes this year are dual language. This means one week I teach in Spanish and the next week I teach in English. All of my students have Spanish as their first language and quite a few of them do not speak a word of English.
Even though I share the same culture with all of my students, it took some time to adapt. I have been in the United States for quite a while and have been a teacher for 10 years. Switching the culture took time and came with some frustrations.
In addition to the new courses I am teaching this year, last year I finish my Principal Certification. I still need to complete the TTESS certification (coming up in March) before I can pursue admin jobs, but it is coming.
It's good to write again and will try to keep the blog updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment